Monday, August 10, 2009

WELCOME and INTRODUCTION

Welcome to Prime of Life Bride! I just got married for the first time at 46. While I had great support from my then-fiance, my friends, and my family, I felt surprisingly alone in the on-line bridal planning community.

Everything seems pitched to twenty somethings in cinderella gowns or to mature brides in ivory suits. Neither description fit me. Now that my wedding is past, I have some time and wisdom and wanted to see if I could help to connect women in their "prime of life" (as my grandmother would say) to discuss the joy and challenges of wedding planning in middle age.

While there are some challenges, there are so many advantages to getting married at this time in our lives. We know ourselves better. We are more confident. We're probably making a better choice of partner than we would have (or did) back then. And, we have the resources to plan the wedding of our dreams

More about "prime of life"

I grew up as part of a large Irish Catholic family in Queens which meant that my childhood was spent at more than my fair share of wakes and funerals for distant cousins. I remember my grandmother grieving the death of a forty something cousin and she kept saying "he died in the prime of life." Now I have to admit, at the time, I thought he was old enough to die. I'm smarter now.

I like the term "prime of life" because it speaks of our age in a positive way. While there are some challenges associated with being 46 (read: hot flashes), I love this time in my life and, now that I connected with my soulmate, this truly is the prime of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment